Thursday, October 11, 2012

Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40 Review

I like that it will last a lot longer then other infant seats. We were rear-ended and had to replace carseats. It didn't make sense to get an infant seat when my baby is about to need a rear convertible. I've always kept my kids rear facing as long as possible and have big babies (this last one was born 10 pounds) so I needed one that handled big babies well. This fit the bill. She was already too tall for some other ones. She's 17 pounds and 28 inches at 5 months and it's too heavy to carry her anywhere. It will be a pain lugging it around with infants, but I rarely carry the carseat. Just put it in the stroller or shopping cart. Most of the time I wear her in a carrier. It made sense to get this one so it lasts a year (instead of replacing now and again in a couple months). I love that you can change the incline of the seat so older babies don't have to lay so far back and it gives them more legroom. I like that they remind parents that it's ok for the baby's feet to touch the car. Too many parents turn their kids around too soon because they think that if they're touching they're too big. The weight of the carseat obviously isn't a deal breaker for me (since obviously I bought it) since that's the price you pay for making it heavy duty enough for a bigger baby. What I discovered after buying it and replacing my son's Graco Nautilus was the new buckle design on both of them. My son was very good about being able to buckle his old Nautilus but this one he can't manage. Even doing my infant's is challenging. The metal buckles slide down very easily and are hard to find under their bums. The straps are more flexible than the old ones and twist really easily (and that was a common complaint of people with the old straps, and these are worse!) When you try to buckle the bottom you have to push really hard and just right, which is hard with a squirmy baby and so hard my 5 year old can't do his own any more which means I have to climb across the car to do his (though my 3 year old can do her own Britax ones now) I look forward to seeing how consumer reports ranks the seat.

No comments: